DataOps for Dummies
DataOps describes a novel way of development teams working together collaboratively around data to achieve rapid results and improve customer satisfaction. This book is intended for everyone looking to adopt the DataOps philosophy to improve the governance and agility of their data products. The principles in this book should create a shared understanding of the goals and methods of DataOps and #TrueDataOps and create a starting point for collaboration.
What's in the eBook?
- Recognizing the challenges and opportunities - recognizing the data product, replacing the waterfall model with Agile, building assurance and user trust, creating an audit trail and overcoming privacy silos
- Understanding DataOps - defining DataOps, the seven pillars of #TrueDataOps, building from DevOps, understanding the source of truth and balancing agility and governance
- The benefits of DataOps - increasing efficiency with trusted data assets, working smarter with code reuse, reducing errors, building collaborative teams and saving money
- #TrueDataOps - a deep dive into the seven pillars of #TrueDataOps, storing raw data then transforming it, developing smart and agile, maintaining governance, and building with collaboration that leads to self-service
- Putting together DataOps resources - executing pipelines, testing code, managing code branches, auto-documenting code and creating self-service using data catalogs
- Getting started with DataOps - getting on the right path, selecting the correct business case, building the DataOps team with stakeholders and data experts, and choosing the right DataOps platform
- Ten reasons to move to DataOps - why DataOps makes sense, lower costs and greater customer satisfaction, and understanding how to justify DataOps to the rest of your business